Follow These Steps to Buy the Best Laser Meter!
People working in a profession such as carpentry, plumbing, inspection, or similar to these should consider adding a laser distance measuring device to their toolbox. These handy tools are specially developed to be precise and accurate, along with saving your valuable time by replacing the old-school gauging method of using a tape measure. Pressing a button is all it takes to get the measurements, without any hassle or help.
But, there are many dilemmas that one has to face while choosing a laser meter. Therefore, we have made a list of things that you need to consider while buying a laser distance measurer.
- Examine the range – Consider finding the range that will be provided by the meter. It will help you decide the correct one according to your needs and applications, as some laser units measure 50 feet, while others extend to 600 feet or more.
- Size – Most laser meters available on the market are palm-sized to be easily handled. But, a few of them are larger than others. Check for meter than comfortably fits your hands for effortless use. Besides, you should think about how it will fit in your toolbox.
- Display lighting – Backlit display becomes a necessity while working in dark or low light conditions. Again, think about your application of the meter and then decide if the backlight is useful for you or not.
- Response time – If you’re going to take just a couple of measurements with stationary objects, it doesn’t particularly matter the time it takes for the device to show the measurement. However, if you are taking a large number of measurements of objects that might not be parked for a long time, then you will need a fast response time from your laser meter.
- Batteries – This is not the most important point to remember, but should always consider while buying. Choose measurer that works with batteries that you already have. For instance, if you have equipment that runs on AAA batteries, it would be a smart choice to get a laser meter that runs on AAA batteries. That way, in case the batteries run down, you will have replacements on hand without having to carry three or four different sizes.
- Water-resistance – It is great if you get a waterproof laser meter model as it would be easier to work with if you are going to be working outside in wet conditions. Consider your usual work environment and then decide if the ability to repel water will be crucial for you or not.
The conclusion –
Laser meters are one of the most wonderful solutions for various purposes, and there are several great options available on the market that you can consider to buy. As you can see from the list, as mentioned above, there are a number of variables at play when you buy your laser meter. Consider the crucial ten points on this list, along with anything else that’s important to you. And soon, you will be able to quickly narrow down your options to a winner.
Also, explore the collection of Precaster as they have the best and most exclusive products when it comes to laser meters.